Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Gift

Sometimes I wonder about the past
And how it went by oh so fast.
It seems as if yesterday was just here,
Yet it's truly been many a year.
Still I keep the memories close,
Every one of joy and of sorrows.

Sometimes I think about the future.
It reminds me that we can never be sure
Because tomorrow is always threatened
And it can be lost in less than a second.
While dreams may turn true, it is still fearsome
For we never know what is to come.

Sometimes I think about what was and is to be
All the people I've known, all the places I'll see
And yes they can give my downed spirits a lift
But I've come to know I have of a more precious gift
A gift so true, so sweet called the present
That we must cherish for it is so brilliant.


I don't really like this poem. But I had these random thoughts stuck in my mind that would not come out any better in a prose form. So this is what I ended up with. Maybe it's because I'm sleep deprived but this is just such a sloppy poem. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment