Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prom.

I haven't posted much lately. If it's alright, I'd like to use the excuse that I've been incredibly busy but it's a bit of a lie. I'm supposed to have been busy yet nothing has been accomplished. College is a whirlwind romance of the worst kind and I'm excited there's only a few weeks left but on the other hand, I'm scared. I'm growing up too fast. I don't want to. I want to stay a little girl with pigtails and grass stains on her knees.

Except I haven't been that little girl in years. Tonight will prove it all the more. I'll be wearing a long, elegant gray dress with painted lips and polished nails. My hair will be washed, combed, straightened into perfection. The necklace I'm wearing matches perfectly with the earrings and shoes. And I'll smile for all the posed pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment