Friday, April 16, 2010

I want you to love me

Because sometimes I talk in my sleep.
Because I drive with the window down and the music up.
Because my ears are cute.
Because Froot Loops make me happier than Swiss chocolate.
Because I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue.
Because my mom is one of my best friends.
Because this heart has been broken but still hasn't quit.
Because Donnie Darko gave me nightmares.
Because when I yawn, I squeak.
Because I sing not just in the shower but everywhere.
Because I sing even though I know I'm horrible.
Because I admit I sing horrible.
Because it doesn't take much to confuse me.
Because my friends come first.
Because I spent hours looking for my grandpa's grave in the rain.
Because at night, when I'm alone, I leave the lights on.
Because I believed in Santa Claus until I was a month shy of sixteen.
Because my first kiss was under the bleachers at Homecoming.
Because I don't laugh, I giggle.
Because against all reasoning, I still have faith in true love.
Because I don't wish on shooting stars.
Because I do wish on eyelashes.
Because Dancing Queen is my favorite song.

But most of all I want you to love me because I'm me,
not just because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment