Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Few (Incorrect) Things

So I was just perusing on a social networking site that I'm hopelessly addicted to and I stumbled across a group entitled "102 Things Guy Should Know About Girls". How could I not click? While reading this list, I discovered a few things I didn't even know about us girls.


Go along with her to a chick flick once in a while. She doesn't care whether you
enjoy it or not, it just matters that you went with her.

[Really? No. Go to movies you both like. Otherwise, one of you is going to be miserable the whole time. If a guy drags me to a chick flick 'cause that's what he THINKS I like, he's going to be just as miserable as me. I need my shooting, my blood, my terror, my guts. Stupid stereotypes]

Girls are fragile. Even if you're play fighting/wrestling, be very gentle. Let
her win once in a while.

[I am not fragile. If you knock a girl down, she will not shatter into a million pieces. And as for letting us win, that is just as hurtful to our pride as yours. Play your best and let the best girl win ;)]

Don’t ever lie to us; we always find out.

[Correct: Sometimes we find out. Usually we don't, unless you're dumb and you make a huge mistake.]

Remember: Girls are pretty, but yours is the prettiest!

[Do not tell her she is the prettiest girl ever. You both know it isn't true. To you, she may be the prettiest but make sure you specify that it is IN YOUR EYES.]

No matter what you say, your ex-girlfriend is a ho. Don’t bother trying to
convince us otherwise, that is a bad idea.

[Not true. Your ex-girlfriend may or may not be a ho. It solely depends on who the heck your ex-girlfriend is. If you think about at that one then, all girls themselves are really ho's because (most) all girls at some point will be an ex-girlfriend. Duh.]

If you did something wrong, apologize. Even if you didn’t, do it anyway.

[If you did something wrong, apologize. If you didn't, don't apologize. That would be stupid and fake. There's very few things worse than being fake.]

Most of the time when I fantasize, it's about you. Don’t obsess over that.

[No it isn't. It's most likely not about you. That's why it's a fantasy because it isn't reality.]

I expect you to call me. If you don’t, you go down.

[Again, wrong. If you don't call me, then I should be man enough to call you. Girls really need to grow a pair nowadays. However, if you SAY you are going to call and then you do NOT, well then yes, yes you do go down.]

Any decent man will ask a girl out to her face. I mean; if you aren’t man enough
to ask us out to our face, who says you're gonna be man enough to our boyfriend
at all.

[It can sometimes be a good thing to ask a girl out to her face but if you do it any other way, you're okay. Just because you don't humiliate yourself physically in person doesn't mean you aren't decent. I find that a note or something along those lines are way better because then I can cherish them afterwards.]

If she’s not feeling loved, she will start looking....

[Only partly true. I think with this one it depends on the situation. Certain guys are just not overly affectionate. Other times, he's just a jerk. If I don't feel loved enough, I'll make myself heard. If the guy doesn't take heed then, I'll start looking. Give us some credit, please.]

Baseball players are hot. The sport makes you skinny and your arm muscles… well,
it’s hot. We’ll go to all your games even if we hate baseball.

[Baseball is not the only hot sport. Personally, I don't have a fetish for baseball players but hey, some girls do. I prefer my guys to be more into track or D&D. Either way, if a girl likes a guy enough she'll go to whatever activity he partakes in to see him.]

Don't play hard to get. We’ll get bored and move on.

[See one several things above. Girls like challenges. Girls like a little bit of rejection. Sad but true. What's even worse is girls are like guys. If a boy just rolls over and gives a girl puppy dog eyes to scratch his belly, she'll find someone who is a little more hard to get. Don't be easy.]

If you’re single, find the one girl who’s always there on the sidelines at your
football game, or at each of your concerts, all your baseball games. She
loves you. Her excuse may be that she’s there for her brother, but she’s
really there for you.

[Incorrect. She probably is there for her brother unless her brother doesn't participate in the same thing. Then she's a stalker. And girls do do this. I've stalked many a men this way.]

If a girl really likes you, just seeing you will make her day.

[You are not that handsome or sexy or cute or amazing. Looking at you will not make our day. However should you look at us and smile, flirt with us, acknowledge our existence in some way, that will most likely make part of our day.]

There were a lot more items but a few of them were more realistic and true. I just found these to be somewhat...irritating, I guess. Yes a few of those are probably true for a few girls but overall, don't lump females all into a stereotype because we are not that simple. Actually, stereotypes are just bad in general. Obnoxious little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment