Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dearest Friends,

Do you know what a friend is?



  1. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust
  2. A person attached to another by feelings of affection or person regard
  3. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts


Those are the definitions I found in Google [well they were the shortest and easiest to retype] and I guess those are technically what a friend is, since they are the definition. I can't remember who it was that I heard this from but the definition that I love most for 'friends' is the family you choose. Really and truly, I adore that simple explanation because it's true. Sometimes we choose wrong though and we get hurt. At least, I know I do. I've lost quite a many friend due to lies, betrayl, even simple misunderstandings that we were too stubborn to work through. But real friends, we get through it. And God knows at times I swear I hate them. I want to punch them in their stupid, little faces. I want to gouge their eyes out with sporks and shove them down throat. I want to cover their bodies is cheese and let loose a thousand starving mice upon their tied up, cheddar soaked body. Yet...sadly and fortunately...I don't. Not only because I think those might be illegal [I'll check that out] but because that's what's family is. And that's what true friends are.

Best Friend: You're such a ho!

Me: Yes...but you love me.

Best Friend: I kind of have to.

Me: What!? You have to?!

Best Friend: You think I'd love someone so crazy by choice?

Me: Oh...I see...

Best Friend: I have to. It's what I live for.

Me: What??

Best Friend: I live to love you. Duh. If I didn't love you and you didn't
love me, we'd both be dead. We're maaaade for each other!

Me: -insane giggles-

Best Friend: Dorkk.

No comments:

Post a Comment