Sunday, April 10, 2011

Screw you, Society.

Fairy tales are wrong.

Romantic comedies are wrong.

Young adult novels are wrong.

Disney princess movies are wrong.

Country love songs are wrong.

I grew up in love with Prince Charming. I grew up in love with a knight in shining armour. I grew up in love with someone who does not exist.

Except...he does. In my dreams, my heart, my soul. Some mornings or in the middle of the night sometimes, I wake up and feel the need to cry because I am broken hearted. I am disappointed because I had just spent who knows how long with my one true love. The dreams leave me weak and depressed. I know he doesn't exist. And in reality, I will never find this guy. Maybe eventually I will learn to settle for second best. But do I have to settle so soon? Or can I keep loving the man of my dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment