Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 1

Dear Diary,

I woke up today
But the sadness hasn't gone away
So somehow I got out of bed
Brushed my teeth and pulled clothes over my head
Stepped out into the crisp air
I forgot my shoes but I didn't really care
And the cold snow bit at my toes
Haha you know how that goes
I started walking down the street
Yeah yeah with my bare feet
Mainly just 'cause I felt like I can
Made it about three miles before I ran
And I ran to feel the wind on my face
And I ran to get away from that place
And I ran to forget about the past
And I ran, Diary, I ran so fast
Till I hit the ground and had to crawl
But it made no difference at all
I guess the sadness is my new best friend
Blame it all on me and for how I've sinned
My hands and knees were frostbitten
But somehow I managed to get up once again
And made it back to the other side of my door
Diary I don't think I can do this anymore
Day after day it's too much to take
Please tomorrow, don't let me wake.

1 comment: